Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Dear sister, just to say I love you

‘You can choose first’, my sister would say.

My sister in Busan, South Korea. 
‘You can go first.’

‘Okay, you can have them.’

‘You can wear this one, I will wear something else.’

‘Chocolates in the first pocket of my bag, some colleagues brought it when they got back from some training.’

‘Don't worry, I will go with you.’

‘I will wait for you, come when you are done.’

‘I don’t worry about you, I know you are smart, you are capable of doing anything.’

‘We have very high expectations from you, don't let us down.’

‘You can do it, you are the brightest, little one.’

‘You are an amazing writer. Of all the writers, I like your writings the best, and it’s not because you are my sister.’ 

‘You are our family’s asset, our little princess, I would give you all I can, you deserve all the luxury in the world.’

'The world is mean at times, but everything falls back to its place once the Tsunami is over. I have been there, and I promise you there is a beautiful valley behind this perilous mountain, there is a beautiful sky after every rain.’

‘You shouldn’t let the bad of other people affect you. They bring in so much negative energies, ignore them. Ignore them; they aren’t even worth your attention. Ignore them; it feels good.’

‘I don’t want you to go through what I have been through.’

‘I hate him for putting you through this, let’s call him an asshole.’

‘More chocolates, I didn’t eat, I brought them for you since you like them more than I do.’

‘You are my best friend.’

‘You shouldn’t talk bad about others like that. What did mommy tell us about ten other people talking about us at our back when we talk of one?’

‘Watch what you speak, I know you don’t mean to but you do sound rude.’

‘Haven’t I always listened to you? Today listen to me and go Dzongkha movie watching with me?’

‘I wish I could fit you into my trolley and take you with me.’

‘You are a brave girl, I know you will be just fine without me. Stay well; I will be back before you even know it.’

‘I bought this, it’s the latest trend in here. I got one for you too.’

‘I bought this for myself, do you want one too?’

‘I bought this, do you like it? I would have bought for you too but it’s very expensive, I will use it while I am here and you can have it when I get there, okay?’

‘I saw so many cute stuff, I wanted to get them all for you.’

‘All the beautiful places I visit, how I dearly wish you could see them too.’

‘I play your Smule videos when I miss you, you sing so well.’

‘I wish you were here.’

‘I really thought of saving some sum this time, but I finished them all already.’

A feminine that she is, she won't choose batman :)
‘Blessed’ would only half describe what I am to have my sister as my sister. My sister has always put me before herself. My wants always before hers. My desires before hers. My choices before hers. She has made uncountable sacrifices just so I get what I want, just so my wishes are fulfilled, and just so I am happy. She has always supported me in what I did, always appreciated my works and encouraged me to do better, showered me with the best advices, and has always protected me. She has always been more than a sister to me. She has pampered me so much, I am spoilt. Now, I think when she has a baby of her own, I will be the jealous older sibling.
She has been places. A lot of places :)
 The things she has done for me, no one ever has, no one ever will. She has bought me things she won’t buy for herself. Whenever she travels, which she does a lot, she would get me the maximum gifts, she has always spent the most on me, and I pray this trend never ceases :P  
She has waited for me in her car, outside my office for hours every single day ever since I started working. In the chilly winters and when it would get dark by 5, and her office would get over by 4 but mine won't, she would still wait. 
During my first year into job, I was asked to go to various offices, offices I wouldn’t just reach on bare foot. Land commission offices to Thromdue offices, to submit letters, to submit A3 print-out bulky drawings (well, thinking about it, it’s not even my job? But it’s all right, I got dignity of labour). What is sad is, no one even told this just-into-job girl that we get office vehicles for official works. So my sister (who herself would be so caught up in her office work) would pity me and take out time to drop me to all those offices and back. Later I learned, if I don’t speak up, no one’s gonna hear me, if I don’t ask help, I ain’t getting any, but I still don’t get what it takes for some people to be a little kinder, to be a little soft spoken?  

The  Three Generation Adda Rachu Team
 (that's why we were least concerned with 
the compulsory adda rachu thing :P) 
My sister would be as wise as 90, when it comes to giving advises. It is as if she has been through everything, and with experience delivers the best advises. She knows how to completely calm a person. She would preach almost like Master Shifu, something close to ‘Don’t let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace’, but ironically she herself has a highly reactive temper. Or rather an overly sensitive heart and nippy tear glands :P

My sister has always been my finest mentor. She taught me everything from shaving my legs to using make ups, from Zendori to Dr. Jart+, from ponds to oriental princess to innisfree to etude house to Baba Ram Dev’s patanjali? LOL. 


Okay we do look alike (only when you are pretty :P)

She taught me how to drive. This she started in 2012 and succeeded in 2016. Thank god  for her Masters, I finally got a driving licence. It’s not that I am or was a slow learner. I learned pretty much in a day. The thing is both of us were scaredy cats, so I took a lot of time getting confident on the highway, and more getting my lazy ass out there. My first driving practice on the highway ended up in chaos. That morning we hit the road at around 6:30 (6:30 AM is quite a big deal for both of us), and as I started driving, she started panicking, ‘No..no..no..not like that and no no no not like this and..’. So after driving some stretch, I didn’t want to drive. I was pissed at her and myself more. But she was more pissed for I think, not utilizing her otherwise sleeping hours well. She asked me to drive us back home since we have already started, but I didn’t. I got stiff and she thought I WOULDN’T but I just COULDN’T drive anymore. And in the middle of the highway, somewhere near Changbangdu, she ringed up mommy and cried saying I won’t listen when she was only teaching me. Mommy attained to make her drive us back, after swearing never to teach me again. I, then called up mommy and cried. Didi and I didn’t talk, we got dressed for office and I hurried to get out of home before her to catch a cab. I was walking when she after-ed me and stopped her car and said “Hop in, we won't talk, I will just drop you”. That was on Monday. Thursday, she asked me if I wanna go driving practice again :)

Apart from this one time, after every fight, it always has to be me to force my little finger to join with hers to make 'Milee' (as in peace). Other times, we would text each other our apologies and justifications and never to repeat again promises. We are as much as lovers, when we have pretty fat bank account balances, we like to surprise each other with not-for-any-occasion gifts, or make-up gifts after fights, or “I bought this, but you can use it as well” gifts. 

'Everything that I am and I have today, as much as I owe Apa and Mommy, I owe them to you. Thank you. For everything.’

Despite her tiny physique, she is one hell of an independent lady, she can handle anything on her own. She is wise and farsighted, focused and hardworking, so kind and giving. She is everything I would want to become. She has a heart of gold. I am not saying this because she is my sister, it's just a fact I cannot deny. She would be there sympathizing and pitying everyone. She helps as much people as she can. Every year she buys school dresses for at least five underprivileged school students. I know she would have done more if only she could. As her shadow befell, I also contribute a little :)
Somewhere in Switzerland in 2014.
She buys and reads a lot of books, and her writings has always been of high calibre. While preparing for my class XI/ XII English examinations, I would read her class IX/ X English exam answer sheets. She blogs at www.letsgrowtogether86.blogspot.comShe also writes her diary every day without failure. She is very good with numbers, she can easily remember phone numbers and birthdays. Also she is very calculative, she keeps track of how she spends every penny, but spends them anyway :P When she travels, so she won’t forget, she lists down people for whom she has to buy gifts. And its pages and pages of names.

She is a fine joker too. When she was at the Sherubtse College, she used to wear meto kiras of various designs and multi-colored dresses. Haha. Now all she wears is black or something close to black. But as if jinxed, except for the meto kiras, I liked whatever she wore, including the rainbow striped sweater, which she later gave me because I said I liked it, but I didn’t wear. I think I had some sense of fashion then? :P

Some happy faces there :)
She is someone who won’t read someone else’s personal diary even if it's open right in front of her eyes no matter how appealing. Someone we can trust our unlocked phones with. Someone who respects other’s privacy and someone who gives but also needs a hell lot of space. She talks less, even when it's with family, and hates repeating herself over again. For instance, she is narrating an incident, she gives details to just one or two of us, say to mommy and I, and to others her summarized versions. So, mostly I end up repeating her whole story to every other person including mommy, because Mommy won’t get it and she won’t ask didi to repeat. Mommy is scared of her. Or wait. A lot of people are scared of her, elders included. Apa (read about him on Dear Apa) and Mommy (I have so much to write about you I cannot start) would scold me, but not her. Angay would make me work, but not her. Little cousins would talk back to me, but cry when I bring up her name. Even Acho seldom talks back to her. Peculiar for someone who won’t even raise her voice to ask for food. She doesn’t do anything I am telling you. I don’t think she ever hit a kid even accidentally. I think she is just a very powerful lady :) BTW by scared I don’t mean we shiver at the sight of her, we just respect her, so much so we can’t and we don’t take advantage of her goodness. 
I miss you much
Besides, we don’t wanna test her tolerance level :) But there are people. Many people take advantage of her kindness. Just because she would give, they ask too much. Many take advantage of her softness, just because she won’t talk back, and people would say whatever they want, not considering how much it would hurt her? She tolerates them all, chews those hurtful words, forgives them and tries real hard to see the good in them, again and again and again just for the sake of keeping the relationship, until she has really had enough, until she has chewed so much her teeth have fallen, until her heart can hold no more, and then she ignores, completely ignores. People would come back to her, but she won't just hear them anymore. I have seen this, I have seen her do these to a few, and believe me there really are devils wearing human masks out there.

‘Now that I think of it, there is so much you have done for me. So much you have sacrificed for my sake. So much to be thankful for. You have always fulfilled all of my wishes, I am thinking you must be a shooting star. Dear sister, I just want you to know that I love you.’

8 comments:

  1. Love this piece of urs 👍👍👍👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its because you love the piece I wrote about? :) Thank you ashim

      Delete
  2. She really is the kind of person you described here. Thumbs up for her and lucky you to have sister like her ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huhuhuhu :( Thank you very much for this wonderful piece. I am truly humbled :P And totally speechless ☺️ I wonder how you remember all those incidences. A Bright kid, aren't you? I love you for this and for everything! And yes, my baby would make you no less important, you will always be my first child :) and I be your shooting star forever and always :* And I just remembered how you complain about your hurting jaws after conveying my messages to everyone. Haha . You are the cutest lil thing :) Thank you for understanding me completely.

    ReplyDelete